- This event has passed.
Permaculture Teacher’s Training
August 9, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - August 14, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Drawing on the wisdom of ecological systems and indigenous knowledge, permaculture offers us a vision, design approach, and tools to create a world of health and abundance. Increased inclusion and support of leadership and perspective from women of diverse backgrounds is vital to this vision.
In this unique and innovative program, we explore diversity and leadership while building our confidence. We practice teaching permaculture for various formats, from introductory workshops, special topics, and short courses, to the core permaculture design certificate course.
Using the permaculture principles as our guide, we work from patterns to details in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere. Participants walk away with a teaching toolbox, including:
- How to use permaculture principles and ethics in our teaching
- Teaching techniques for different learning styles, audiences, and venues
- How to work effectively as a teaching team
- Best practices in planning, marketing, and evaluating courses
- A comprehensive manual of resources and teaching materials
- Access to a network of teachers and practitioners from around the globe
Participants design and teach a permaculture topic of their choice with personalized feedback from instructors who have more than 30 combined years of teaching experience.